For me, staying in Deming was really all about visiting the City of Rocks State Park, about a half hour away. I've been seeing interesting volcanic rock here and there in the Southwest, but it hasn't seemed very accessible. Finally in this park it looked like I'd be able to get up close and personal with it. I looked at the possibility of camping at the park, but according to the website, the campsites were all booked. So I decided to make a day trip of it. When I got out there, I learned that they only reserve a small fraction of their campsites and if I didn't need an electrical hookup, I'd have no trouble getting a campsite. I thought about returning the next night with all my stuff to camp, but the terrain is a bit difficult for my sore foot (which continues to improve! yay!) with steep parts of the paths covered in crumbly, loose rocks. So I'm filing this info away for next time. The park is lovely and quiet, and many of the campsites are nestled close to ...
Comments
Post a Comment